Customer Forum Home Page

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Should I be concerned if my child is reversing letters?

Reversing letters is a common occurrence in young children, especially during the early stages of learning to read and write. It is typically not a cause for immediate concern, as many children naturally grow out of this habit with time and practice. However, if your child continues to reverse letters beyond the age of seven or eight, or if it significantly affects their reading or writing abilities, it may be worth addressing the issue.  Reversing letters, such as confusing "b" and "d" or "p" and "q," is a common part of the learning process. Many children exhibit this behavior during the early stages of reading and writing. With practice and instruction, they typically overcome it. It's important to remember that children develop at different rates, and some may take longer to master certain skills. Continue to have an open communication with your child's teachers to discuss any concerns you may have.

I have noticed that my child will bring papers home from school with reversals. This is helpful information to look out for if it doesn't correct itself on it's own.

The teacher should have them fix those mistakes before bring the paper home but if not you can review and have them change it at home.